Tuesday, October 9, 2012

my date to the willow manor ball


I sent out invitations to two dashing men this year ... Marcello Mastroianni ... and Ronaldo Stainforth.  Yes, the same Ronaldo Antonio Dent Stainforth, known to read my poetry in his black and white world.  The ever gracious Ronaldo was first to reply, so he will be my official date. Evidently, Mr. Mastroianni's people conveyed to him, in error of course, that I had accepted his invitation.  The fact that they look incredibly alike will complicate matters further. I might have to slip a yellow rose into Ronaldo's lapel, to keep them sorted out for the evening, since I get a bit ditzy after a few drinks.

Last year, R.A.D. arrived in a stunning blue Jag. We secretly slipped out early, after the tango, to park in a field of ferns, for a late night private poetry reading.  I can't wait to see what he arrives in this year. Speaking of the tango, he is a masterful dancer, learning at an early age, from his Argentinian mother.

No worries, since I gave him special instructions not to startle the manor guests by removing his glass eye, which he is rumored to have lost in a violent beaver attack.  He is known, at the end of the day, to slip it into a glass of icy Russian vodka. We wouldn't want anyone to mistake it for a martini olive.

In case you haven't heard about the cyber event of the year, mark your calendars. There will be a Mr. Linky widget provided for those who wish to share their dates and what they are wearing the the ball, which mysteriously lasts a whole 24 hours beginning at 12:00 a.m. on:


Sunday, October 28, 2012

Don't forget, there will door prizes chosen from everyone who attends (leaves a comment) here at Willow Manor on the 28th. When you arrive, hop on into the comment section, and join the fun.

One of the great things about a cyber ball, is that we all dance like gods and goddesses. Make sure you have your dance cards ready, because we will be rolling up the carpets at Willow Manor. Valentino said tile floor is the best for dancing the tango, but in this case, the hardwood floors at the manor will do marvelously.


 

19 comments:

  1. feet like little pistons!
    now who is going to take me?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to be the event of the season!. I'll have my vodka neat, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the post and dance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That evil eye .. keeps popping up at the most opportune times. Spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn; I was going to ask YOU to be my date for the evening. But now that I hear you'll be clinging to RAD all night, I'll have to think again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've saved two spots on my dance card for you, Cro...

      Delete
  6. I've been dress shopping and have my eye (not literally in my case!) on a couple of vintage Dior numbers. It's so nice when price (and museum guards!) aren't an issue! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I've been shopping, too! Can't wait to show you!

      Delete
  7. Love the dancing and the eye ball martini

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't dance anymore. Except at the Willow Manor ball. Beware, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed the ball last year, but you have Mr Mastroianni this year, one of my favourite Italian actors ever.

    I shall be here on the 28th October.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That eye gave me the creeps the first time I saw it and just has done again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your imagination is a gift to the modern world, Tess!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope the gallant Ronaldo will save a dance for me! Excitement is building... how wonderful to see *A Cuban in London* will be attending! I hope we can share a tango! (Hoping this doesn't create problems with my other dates.....) All these extraordinary men....sigh...

    Back to my SFO world....*Moby Dick* has opened to great acclaim! (Yes, I am bringing Jay Hunter Morris as one of *My* Gentlemen...) In the midst of *Lohengrin* rehearsals.....and I am doing my BEST to persuade *THE SWAN KNIGHT of 2012*, Brandon Jovanovich to make that midnight flight with me!

    I have the feeling this is going to be the most BRILLIANT ball you have had - ever!

    Love,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be there... so long as Indigo doesn't end up in the pokey again with a black eye. Damn that man!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I now belong to "The Old and The Forgetful. I forgot to mark this on my calendar - but as I had such fun at last years event, I will move heaven and earth to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm awaiting Liam Niesen's reply to this lux evening of delight and dancing.
    BarbG

    ReplyDelete
  16. Still looking for a beaver with a glass eye?

    ReplyDelete

Inject a few raisins of conversation into the tasteless dough of existence.
― O. Henry (and me)