you wrote that you still have?
The last thing I wrote was a poem for last week's Theme Thursday
called Oscar Performance, dealing with people who make it a habit
2) Write poetry?
Yes, I've recently started writing poetry, as my gentle readers are
well aware. I bombard them with it weekly, poor souls.
3) Angsty poetry?
Although angst can fuel all kinds of art, especially song lyrics, I
wouldn't consider mine to be in this category. I've always thought
angst poetry to be a tad on the inferior side, when it comes to what
I consider to be good poetry.
4) Favorite genre of writing?
Poetry, most definitely.
5) Most annoying character you’ve ever created?
Since I write mostly poetry, I would have to say the most annoying
character in my pieces would have to be the bizarre clown in my
parody piece Anti-Clown.
6) Best plot you’ve ever created?
I have a plot outlined for an autobiographical novel full of curses,
blackmail, and even an attempted murder. Truth is sometimes
stranger than fiction.
7) Coolest plot twist you’ve ever created?
Well, if you can call a poem "cool", I think one I wrote called Back
Alley is pretty cool. It's an after death piece, in which my light-
8) How often do you get writer’s block?
I don't really get writer's block. For me, it's much like talking. I
can talk to almost anyone about anything. And it's like that with
my writing. Sometimes inspiration comes in the bath or in the
9) Write fan fiction? No.
10) Do you type or write by hand?
11) Do you save everything you write?
Yes. Poems don't take up much space.
12) Do you ever go back to an abandoned idea?
I usually like my ideas. It if doesn't work for one piece, at least part
of it will work in another. I never throw them out completely.
13) What’s your favorite thing you’ve ever written?
I don't really have a favorite. There are parts of many of my poems
that sing to me, but there is no one piece that holds that special spot.
14) What’s everyone else’s favorite story you’ve written?
I would be flattered to think my readers might have favorites.
15) Ever written romance or angsty teen drama? Never.
16) What’s your favorite setting for your characters?
My novel is set in the Midwest, since that's what I know best.
17) How many projects are you working on now?
I write at least one piece of poetry a week, plus my blog posts,
of course. My book? Well, I need to get busy, don't I?
18) Have you ever won an award for your writing?
I was chosen "Blog of Note" by Blogger in December of 2008.
Does that count?
19) What are your five favorite words?
I don't have faves, but I like plethora, putz, panties, ping-pong
20) What character have you created that is most like
like yourself? Me.
21) Where do you get your ideas for your characters?
From the people in my life. Like I said, truth is stranger than
22) Do you favor happy endings?
No. A happy ending isn't necessarily a good ending.
23) Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as
you write? Absolutely.
24) Does music help you write?
I love music, but I can think more clearly in a quiet atmosphere.
25) Quote something you’ve written. Whatever pops in
"She beckons me with withy broom, sweeps circled heaps of embers,
St. Brighid offers solace in her cinders." from my poem Patron Saint.