Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dee Day

Today is my Auntie Dee's birthday. Dee is one of those rare individuals who can give you just the right encouragement at just the right time, like a ray of sunshine. It is always very intriguing to see what subject she is currently into. She jumps into what ever it might be with such exuberance, embraces it as her own and it spills off onto everyone she knows.

Recently, in my genealogical search, I met a distant cousin, through the internet, who described our common family branch as being very short, very round, very blond and very industrious. This is Dee to a tee. I don't think I inherited any of these traits, except for the round part. I often refer to her as the "Energizer Bunny", because of her boundless vitality. When she is not reading up on some new idea, she is tearing out flooring, ripping off wallpaper or outside scrubbing windows.

One step into her beautiful home and you can immediately see that she has a passion for the arts. Whenever we are together, we must always schedule a trip to an art gallery, no matter where in the country we might be.

Dee always signs her notes to me, "love and belonging", which is so very dear to me. I wish we were sharing some of that lovely belonging today with birthday cake and beautiful art.

Happy Birthday, Auntie. Love and belonging.






5 comments:

  1. What lovely ladies you both are! And so lucky to have each other. Happy Birthday Aunt Dee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too too special Lady of Willow Manor. A real sweet write up. What a nice birthday wish you've given her. Great pics. Wish we all could be enjoying a piece of birthday cake. Yes, we are very fortunate to have our sweet Ahuntie Dee! She is a hoot! Happy Birthday Sis!
    Unks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you always have old photos of dear family members. And, "love and belonging" is so scrumptious! She sounds like someone whom I would love to meet, along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so lucky to have my dear aunt and uncles...they are the best.

    BP and MG..you both sound like lovely ladies that I would like to meet, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here Willow - I'm sure we'll meet at the opera one day. I'll be the one behind you in line to get Bryn's autograph. :)

    ReplyDelete

Inject a few raisins of conversation into the tasteless dough of existence.
― O. Henry (and me)