I’ve been tagged by Britgal to list five songs that I am embarrassed
to admit to actually enjoying. This is not a hard task. I have tons!
1. Post the link to the person who tagged you and post the
rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 songs you are embarrassed to admit to others that
you like and tell why.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post.
Click on songs for a listen on YouTube.
1. The Spectrum Song, Ludwig Von Drake, Disney.
This is probably my most embarrassing song. I will always love it.
I had a 45 RPM single record in 1961 I played constantly on my
little record player. I still drive those around me nuts by singing it
...but only occasionally.
2. Substitutiary Locomotion, Angela Lansbury, Bedknobs
and Broomsticks. This is my song. I own it. I sing it while
cleaning up the supper dishes. (I think I am actually hoping the
magic kicks in and the dishes will do themselves.)
3. Rainy Days and Mondays, Karen Carpenter.
I am taken straight back to the summer of 1973 with this song.
It will always hold a special place in my heart. Don’t laugh.
4. I Love, Love, Love Being a Pig, Sesame Street.
Stuck in my head from the days when my kids used to
watch a lot of Sesame Street. This one is sung in a deep
baritone voice. Morning is best for the low, husky pig sound.
5. And last, but not least, My Favorite Things, Julie Andrews,
Sound of Music. It always makes me happy. Always. It induces
twirling around the room. Soul mates, remember?
So, there you have it! I have totally embarrassed myself
for your reading pleasure. I have many more, but I will
spare you the agony.